Today’s message from Pastor was on Colossians 3:12-17. Last week Pastor spoke from the first part of chapter 3, but I was on band tour in San Diego and missed it. The focus, however, was our relationship with God.
This week the focus was on how we relate with each other. Our God-like virtues that we have that are found in verses 12 & 13.
The weapons for the battle which we find in verse 14 – 16.
And lastly “Let Christ govern EVERYTHING.” (verse 17)
I was looking at the notes in my Bible (Life Application Study Bible).
The author re-enforced Pastor’s message by breaking down these verses into 6 strategies to help us live our lives for God day by day:
- Imitate Christ’s compassionate, forgiving attitude (12-13)
- Let love guide your life (14)
- Let the peace of Christ rule in your heart (15)
- Always be thankful (15)
- Keep God’s word in you at all times (16)
- Live as Jesus Christ’s representative (17) or as Pastor said “Let God govern EVERYTHING”